In this Policy, "we" and "our" mean Cocoa LaBear, LLC, and "you" means any person who visits our website, uses our mobile application, or calls us on the phone.
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as "Device Information".
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- "Cookies" are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- "Log files" track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- "Web beacons", "tags", and "pixels" are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information about you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as "Order Information".
By "Personal Information" in this Policy, we mean Device Information and Order Information.
We use the information that we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services, and experiences. We also may combine any or all of the information that we collect or obtain. Examples of how we use information include:
- To provide you with products and services, such as to: fulfill your orders and process your payments; arrange for shipping; provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations; maintain and service your accounts(s); and provide you with products and services that we think you will like;
- To communicate with and respond to you, such as when you: place an order; call us; make a request or inquiry; complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to: remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; facilitate your interactions with our team members; track and categorize your activity and interests on the Site, including by identifying the different devices you use; and to enrich your experience on the Site;
- For marketing and advertising, such as to: send you marketing and advertising communications; and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you;
- For analytics, such as to: understand how you use the Site and mobile application; understand how you shop with us; determine the methods and devices used to access the Site and mobile application; and improve the Site and mobile application;
- For our business purposes, such as: to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law;
- For legal and safety purposes, such as to: defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
We do not share Personal Information about you with third parties for third-party marketing or advertising purposes. We disclose Personal Information with third parties for other purposes. For example, we share Personal Information with:
- Shopify, with whom we partner, to power the Site. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: www.shopify.com/legal/privacy;
- Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy. You can opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout;
- Other third parties and service providers that provide products or services to us, that help us market or advertise to you, or that provide products or services to you. We may use third parties or service providers to help with auditing interactions and transactions with you, addressing security, fixing errors, helping us with advertising or marketing, maintaining accounts and providing customer service, helping with our internal research, verifying service quality or safety, and performing any of the other actions or activities allowed under the Policy;
- Parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, Personal Information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party; and
- Additional third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal and safety purposes described above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share Personal Information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
ONLINE ADVERTISING AND THIRD PARTIES WE WORK WITH
We work with third-party companies for advertising purposes, including to: serve advertisements across the Internet; track and categorize your activity and interests over time on the Site and mobile application, and on third-party websites; and to identify the different device(s) you use to access websites and mobile applications. We share information with these companies, and these companies may collect information—including automatically collected information when you use the Site or mobile application. These third-party companies also may possess or obtain information about you from your interactions: directly with the third-party companies; with other websites, or companies that the third-party companies work with; or from your interactions with advertisements the third-party companies help to display to you. The information that these companies collect or that we share may be used to customize or personalize the advertisements that are displayed to you.
We may share personal information with the third-party companies we work with for our purposes, though in general we do not share Personal Information about you with third parties for third-party marketing or advertising purposes. We may also share other information at our discretion, including automatically collected information, which may be used by third parties for third-party marketing, advertising, and other purposes. For information about the choices you have about the online advertising practices described in this section, please see the "Your Choices and Access Requests" section below.YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS REQUESTS
We strive to offer you choices about how personal information is used and shared. Your choices include:
- Online Advertising. You can manage third-party advertising preferences for some of the third parties we work with to serve advertising across the Internet by using the choices available at Network Advertising Initiative's opt-out portal at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and Digital Advertising Alliance's opt-out portal at www.aboutads.info/choices. We do not guarantee that all of the third parties we work with will honor the elections you make using those options, but we strive to work with third parties that do.
- Social Media Platforms and Networks. We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use to understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us.
- Email Choices. You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by using the "unsubscribe" link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails you receive from us. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the "Additional Information and Contacting Us" section below and sharing the email address at which you are receiving marketing or advertising emails.
- Access Requests. If you have registered for an online account, we allow you to access and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your online account and using the features and functionalities available there. Unless alternate procedures are noted for your state in the "Notices, Disclosures, and State-Specific Rights" section below, you may also make a request for access to personal information by sending an email or writing to us at the address specified in the "Additional Information and Contacting Us" section below. We are not able to grant all access requests, and we may request additional information from you in order to verify your identity before accommodating an access request.
You may have additional rights in the state in which you reside. Please see the "Notices, Disclosures, and Your Rights" section below for additional information.
SECURITY AND FRAUD
We take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information you share with us through the Site and mobile application. In general, information transmitted through the Internet may not be perfectly secure, and we are unable to guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your account and Personal Information, including by doing the following:
- Reviewing your Cocoa LaBear account periodically and immediately reporting any unexpected activity or unrecognized information;
- Installing the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses;
- Using complex passwords (a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric cAsE sEnsitive characters);
- Not using the same password on more than one website;
- Not sharing your password with others;
- Password protecting your computer and mobile device; and
- Signing out/logging off of website sessions so that your session is closed, especially when using a public computer.
If you become aware of any potentially fraudulent activity on a website or in an email or text, please forward the information to email@example.com or call us at 509.255.3040 so that we can follow up.
NOTICES, DISCLOSURES, AND YOUR RIGHTS
- Links to Other Websites and Services. Our website or mobile application may provide links to other Internet sites, content or videos (embedded or direct links) maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for the sites, content, or videos accessed via the links, and we have not reviewed the privacy practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of those third parties.
- Browsers Do Not Track Signals. While we strive to offer you choices when you use our website and mobile application, we do not promise that we will be able to receive or honor web browser Do Not Track signals.
- California Privacy Rights. California law entitles residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Information we share with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Unless you request us to or consent to us doing so, Cocoa LaBear does not sell any Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If you have questions about these practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. California law also provides residents with rights to request access to and deletion of certain Personal Information, to know whether Personal Information is shared, and to opt out of the "sale" of Personal Information. Some California laws also may define "personal information" differently from the Policy.
- Residents of the European Economic Area ("EEA"). You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below. Additionally, if you are a resident of the EEA, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Please note that your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), see Shopify's GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
- Children's Privacy. Cocoa LaBear does not knowingly request or collect Personal Information from any person under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has submitted Personal information to Cocoa LaBear in connection with the Site, and without prior verifiable parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can take steps to delete the Personal Information that they provided.
If you have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
2304 N Cavalier Road
Liberty Lake, WA 99016
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We may make changes to this Policy, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting the updated Policy on our website, and we will update the effective date at the end of this Policy.
This Policy is effective June 21, 2022.